LONDON OR LEEDS
£28,000 - £32,500 PLUS BENEFITS
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Civil / Structural Design Engineer to join a leading temporary works consultancy in London or Leeds, on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will hold a degree in a relevant subject (civil/structural/mechanical engineering) as well as having experience working within the temporary works environment – either in design or site based work.
To work within the existing design team providing scaffolding and temporary works design schemes for a range of commercial and industrial projects throughout the UK and Middle East whilst adhering to the latest codes of practice, UK regulations and company policies.
The successful candidate will have the skills to produce exceptional design solutions to the highest industry standards, solve complex technical problems, plan and manage project budgets and maintain quality and service delivery standards.
- The production and completion of complex scaffolding and temporary works design projects in accordance with British and European codes of practice, UK construction and health & safety legislation, and to the complete satisfaction of our clients. This would typically include site surveys and project meetings, design briefs, design drawings, design risk assessment, design calculations & structural analysis, checking and quality assurance.
- Completion of 3D design models, details and walk-throughs for design, planning, presentation and training purposes. Management of BIM Data sets and processing for client information specifications.
- Checking and review of other design schemes (internal & external) within own competency limits.
- Management of project delivery deadlines and design budgets.
- Accurate assessment of client design requirements to produce design quotations and contribute to the production of tender packages.
- Work alongside existing design engineers to create and deliver fantastic design solutions for our clients.
- Assess and design-out hazards were possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk.
- Conduct site surveys, collect and assess site information, liaise with clients and fellow construction professionals and represent the company at design and site meetings.
- Understand the practicalities of the erection, use and dismantle of scaffolding, as well as its main functions in key industry sectors and apply this knowledge to improve our service provision, processes and standards.
- To adhere at all times to company policies and procedures, in particular Design and HSEQ policies.
- To adhere to, maintain, and suggest collective improvements for company systems and processes.
- Communicate well with everyone.
- Commit to and deliver on, personal and professional development goals.
SALARY & BENEFITS
You’ll be rewarded with a competitive basic salary of between approximately £28,000 and £32,500 per annum, plus an extensive benefits package which includes:
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Regular overtime opportunities at increased rates of pay
- 20 days annual leave (plus one day per year of service to 25 days) plus eight statutory bank holidays (England & Wales) per year.
- Flexible working hours
- Payment of Professional Membership Fees (ICE, or as applicable)
- Full training provision for job related technical skills
- IPD & CPD support and provision for progression to ICE IEng or CEng Status
If you’d be interested in discussing this role further then please get in touch with Jonny Court at Skyline Group on either 01489 611 705 or email email@example.com