Senior Design Engineer - Temporary Works
SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER (TEMPORARY WORKS)
LONDON OR LEEDS
£35,000 - £45,000 PLUS COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS
An excellent opportunity has arisen in either London or Leeds for a Senior Engineer to join a leading temporary works consultancy, on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate should hold a degree (BEng, MSc or MEng) in a relevant subject, as well as experience from working within the temporary works design environment. As well as this site experience is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will have the skills to produce and facilitate exceptional design solutions to the highest industry standards, solve complex technical problems, plan and manage project budgets and maintain quality and service delivery standards. They will provide technical leadership within the design team and offer guidance and mentoring to fellow team members, and contribute to the technical direction of the company.
- The production and completion of complex scaffolding and temporary works design projects in accordance with British and European codes of practice, UK construction and health & safety legislation, and to the complete satisfaction of our clients. This would typically include site surveys and project meetings, design briefs, specification and occasional production of design drawings, design risk assessment, design calculations & structural analysis, checking and quality assurance.
- Define and specify 3D design models, details and walk-throughs for design, planning, presentation and training purposes. Management of BIM Data sets and processing for client information specifications.
- Checking and review of other design schemes (internal & external) within own competency limits.
- Management of project delivery deadlines and design budgets.
- Accurate assessment of client design requirements to produce design quotations and contribute to the production of tender packages.
- Work alongside existing design engineers and technicians to create and deliver fantastic design solutions for our clients.
- Assess and design-out hazards were possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk.
- Conduct site surveys, collect and assess site information, liaise with clients and fellow construction professionals and represent the company at design and site meetings.
- Understand the practicalities of the erection, use and dismantle of scaffolding, as well as its main functions in key industry sectors and apply this knowledge to improve our service provision, processes and standards.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
For your experience and expertise, you will be rewarded with:
- Competitive basic salary
- Performance related bonus
- Regular overtime opportunities at increased pay
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Payment of professional fees (ICE or as applicable)
- Full training provision for job related technical skills
- IPD and CPD support and provision for progression to ICE, IEng or CEng status.
If you’d be interested in discussing this role further then please get in touch with Jonny Court at Skyline Group on either 01489 611 705 or email email@example.com