Software Engineer – React.js (Digital)
We are looking for an experienced Front End Developer to help to take our food ordering services to the next level. You will work closely with other Software Developers and Designers across multiple platforms and technologies in Sainsbury’s Food Digital Team to create a beautiful application ecosystem that is consistent, highly usable, reliable and performant.
What I need to do
- Write well structured, clean and readable code.
- Assist in architecting systems and applications.
- Practice/encourage Test Driven Development.
- Be proactive in reducing technical debt.
- Be an active contributing part of an agile development team.
- Communicate well on both technical and non-technical level.
What I need to know
- React.js, Node.js, ES6.
- Jest or other front-end testing framework.
- Version control (Git).
- Tools to document APIs (ideally Swagger).
- DevOps and why it’s beneficial to development teams.
- Experience with PHP, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, CI/CD.
- Demonstrable experience in using ES6, its libraries and frameworks.
- Show that you have a high level of understanding for a number of technical skills, attitudes and behaviours.
- Provide engineering advice for technical/architectural issues.
- Proactively seeking opportunities to improve your knowledge and abilities.
- Experience of building and working with RESTful services.
- Ability to convey and communicate ideas and opinion to peers.
- A positive attitude towards working within an agile team and being a team player.