Regional Portfolio Manager Highlands and Islands
Position: Regional Portfolio Manager, Highlands and Islands
Salary: £44,000 - £65,000 (depending on experience) plus car/car allowance and bonus
Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available | 37 hours per week
In this role you'll lead, manage and develop the Regional Portfolio team while acting as custodian of the EHV distribution network. We will be looking for you to provide the business with technical expertise in terms of the carrying out all aspects of the technical assessment, planning and development of the distribution network. This should be done to ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and licence requirements are met in the most economic manner.
You'll also be required to assess network performance, asset condition and make recommendations for improvements. This should then meet the current and future requirements of SSEN and deliver regulatory outputs, outperformance, maximise incentives to ensure the primary network is fit for purpose.
Your Skills and Experience
To ensure you get the most from your role you'll have;
- Good knowledge of the design of HV/EHV electricity distribution networks
- Experience gained by spending time working within the organisation, another DNO, engineering consultancy or networks business.
- Understand statutory, regulatory & license requirements, industry wide codes, network and engineering standards.
- Knowledge of modelling complex electrical networks using power systems analysis software and interpretation of results.
- Be commercially aware and understand how to deliver value through the Regulatory settlement.
- Experience of developing and managing programmes of work to meet lead times.
- Be conversant with business separation, procurement and competition requirements.
- Understand safety of risk assessment and mitigation processes applied to engineering.
- Understand of CDM regulations, ideally with a safety qualification such as IOSH.
At Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN), our skilled teams operate and maintain our electricity distribution and transmission networks, carrying electricity to over 3.7 million homes across the North and Highlands of Scotland and Central Southern England. Our customers are served by over 4,000 employees based in major offices and depots across the regions we operate in including Reading, Portsmouth, Perth, Aberdeen and Inverness. Our mission is to power our community, and we'd like you to join our journey.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is: Sunday 28th April 2019
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application.