Agile Delivery Manager
£47,000 - £54,000
As an Agile Delivery Manager, do you enjoy taking risks and pushing the boundaries? Do you have a passion for development and delivery as an Agile Delivery Manager? We are currently recruiting for Agile Delivery Manager to join an IT Services directorate. As an Agile Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for communicating effectively with highly technical people and be at the front end of building things. You will be required to draw on your management and team leadership expertise in this lead Agile Delivery Manager role. You will ensure that software meets the engineering standards and requirements specified by the business and successfully deliver into production. The Agile Delivery Manager will actively build and promote an agile approach and environment, whilst ensuring the successful delivery of multiple outcomes via multi-disciplinary teams.
Agile Delivery Manager Ideal Candidate
- Technical background and have a range of complex and large scale delivery experience using agile methodologies
- Experience of managing a team across multiple sites, driving a positive team culture, supporting professional development across your teams
- Experience in delivering digital products and services, able to balance multiple priorities across an ever-changing landscape
- A strong advocate for continuous professional development and be an ambassador for changing the culture across government
- Sound understanding of the digital landscape and proven experience using agile methodologies
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
Agile Delivery Manager Role Responsibilities
- Effectively drive and lead all IT planning efforts, including sprint planning, launch and release milestones, timelines and overall product roadmap in line with the Agency government digital agenda and IT Strategy
- Effectively drive and lead ITS's management of performance and quality of service by the facilitation of backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning meetings, sprint demos and retrospectives being accountable for driving the delivery of service against performance
- Ensure individual and organisational learning and development opportunities for Agile Methodologies are fully exploited
- Continuously assessing your team's approach and sharing your knowledge with other Agile Leads in order to enhance organisational capability and understanding in this area whilst driving initiatives forward
- Lead and manage effective and continuous development, implementation and evaluation by creating transparency and predictability across teams using appropriate Agile tools and metrics and align with the IT Strategy
- Responsible for line management and coaching of multi-disciplined teams of highly skilled engineers, and ensuring that they are set up to successfully deliver against the IT Strategy
- Responsible for performing capacity planning and tracking work in order to generate forecasts and communicate progress against the IT roadmap
- Responsible for creating a team environment that engenders delivery at pace whilst also remaining flexible enough to adapt to changing business priorities, and championing and coaching best-practice across the agile community.
Sopra Steria Recruitment is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Sopra Steria Recruitment regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.