SENIOR PROGRAMME MANAGER
A Senior Programme Manager is required for our client based in Leeds for an initial 3 year Fixed Term Contract
Our client has an ambitious strategy to deliver a step-change in the volume, quality and impact of its research, in addition to maintaining excellence and growth in income. The provision of high quality end to-end business processes and robust planning, forecasting and reporting are key enablers for these ambitions to be achieved. Two transformative programmes of work; Corporate Processes and Systems Programme and Lifecycle Programme have been initiated to improve the business processes and supporting systems managed across key areas of the organisation. These processes and systems provide vital support to the delivery of our client's activity.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the delivery of these programmes as the senior partner during an exciting time of organisation-wide transformation.
As Senior IT Programme Manager you will own and be accountable for the IT strategic partnership with the business and overall delivery of the IT elements of ambitious and complex programmes of change, providing the leadership skills to oversee the effective delivery of transformative customer focused IT systems and services.
As Senior IT Programme Manager your main duties will include:
- Accountability for the technology roadmap, scoping, planning, business case development and subsequent delivery of the IT elements of major strategic change, ensuring the achievement of the programmes' vision and the realisation of business benefits;
- Collaborating with executives and senior leaders across various departments to secure investment and set up and run the programmes of change, developing and implementing effective strategies for key senior stakeholder management, keeping them engaged and informed;
- Providing clear leadership and direction, taking responsibility for successful delivery and collaborating with the business Programme Directors, IT Programme Managers and IT Project Managers, and the IT PMO to ensure resources are successfully deployed whilst monitoring the success of transition activities so that the desired benefits are realised;
- Accountability for establishing the appropriate IT governance ensuring these aspects of programme change are aligned to and compliant with the organisation's and programmes' governance arrangements;
- Responsibility for overseeing the development of service strategies, operating model scope and requirements, planning and execution of projects and programmes and ensuring IT changes are aligned to the expected outcomes and KPIs;
- Identifying and actively managing the key strategic risks arising from the programmes and projects to ensure appropriate mitigation, management and escalation.
As Senior IT Programme Manager you will have:
- Extensive, substantial experience and proven track record of working as an IT Programme Manager on multi-million pound budgets, incorporating complex and/or large projects/programmes, reporting to executive level boards;
- Significant experience of transitioning IT change into live service from a complex application systems landscape, dealing with significant risks across systems integration, data migration and infrastructure;
- Significant experience of working across a complex IT organisation, leading, coaching and developing IT programme and project managers and other technical teams in effective delivery;
- Experience of leading and being accountable for the scope and design of programmes of work as well as implementing processes, organisation structures, new services and people capabilities within IT to deliver programme outcomes;
- The ability to work confidently and assertively with a range of executive and senior stakeholders, using coaching, negotiating, communication and influencing skills to achieve successful outcomes;
- Experience of successfully managing external parties including IT suppliers and other partners in software delivery and professional services;
- A strong understanding of complex software licencing arrangements, IT support and professional service contracts, and financial information;
- A professional qualification in or working knowledge of MS Project, Prince2, Managing Successful Programmes and APM Body of Knowledge;
- Strong understanding of standard ITIL processes including service introduction and change management;
- Experience of leading multiple technology-enabled business transformation programmes in several of the following technology areas and service domains including;
Digital Service creation and modernisation (Web and Mobile)
Service Oriented Architecture design and implementation
CRM, preferably MS Dynamics 365
SaaS, PaaS, IaaS - greenfield development in, and migrating existing services to, Cloud Service Architectures
MS Office 365
Data Transformation (Data Management, Governance, Warehousing)
Big data analytics and reporting
Customer Relationship/Service Management
You may also have:
- Experience of leading a programme involving the implementation of information systems, integration, data migration and ERP software.