Practice Manager/ Partner Designate
This is a great opportunity for an experienced senior accountant with a strong practice background to work for an expanding modern Accountant’s firm in Reading, Berkshire who utilise up to date technology and have an ethos of working together as a team. A competitive salary is available dependant on experience. You should have the ambition to become a business owner and have finance availability or ability to raise. Candidates with a client following, possibly previously working from home, will be considered.
- Preparation and review of financial statements and taxation computation preparation review of online filing for all types of entities.
- Client financial and management accounting.
- Meet clients on a quarterly basis to discuss business performance and pressing issues like cash flow, KPIs and tax planning.
- Client liaison and business development.
- Mentoring and guiding junior staff.
- Credit control and agreement of client billing arrangements and methods of payment.
- Identify, Implement and drive KPIs to optimise performance internally
- Managing practical elements of the premises
- Implementation of new systems and processes
- Migrating clients onto a standardised bookkeeping systems and procedures
- Help preparing the business to scale (standardise and formalise systems and procedures)
- Harness technology to improve efficiencies and customer experience
- Attend monthly practice board meetings.
- The successful candidate will be ACA or ACCA qualified and with demonstrable senior accountancy practice experience.
- Entrepreneurial in nature and accountancy/taxation business building flair.
- Ambition to become a business owner. Have finance availability or ability to raise.
- IT literate - very good knowledge of practice software, Word and Excel. Good knowledge and use of business software such as Sage, Xero, QuickBooks, etc.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Able to meet strict deadlines; ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.