We are looking to recruit four coating technicians for our Newport plant. These will be shift positions as we are seeing continued growth in our business.
Bodycote operate an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including, aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil and gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world’s largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services and a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Bodycote has over 5,700 people globally, in 26 countries spread over 190 locations. We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Efficiently operate a spray booth using robotic manipulation ( Fanuc / Abb ).
- Monitoring process parameters.
- Experienced using measurement devices such as micrometers and verniers using standard measurement techniques.
- Responsible for quality of work and level of production.
- Ensure that components are coated accordingly to the quality standards / process documents for each application.
- Inspect parts before and after processing to ensure preceding operations have been carried out correctly and to verify that your own work has met the required standards.
- To gain a thorough understanding, through training provided and experience, of the factors that affect coating quality and be able to use that knowledge to ensure components are processed to approved methods.
- Good housekeeping of own work area and contribute to the general upkeep of the working environment.
- Become familiar with the "check -work-check" process and be committed to a "right first time" approach to all tasks carried out.
- Operate in a safe manner and undertake any training necessary to enable you to fulfil the requirements of your position.
- To uphold your statutory duty of care for your own personal safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
- To enable the company to meet its own legal duties and to report any hazardous situations or defective equipment.
- Wear personal protective equipment provided by the company.
- Ensure a high level of communication to employees, managers & colleagues.
- The above responsibilities cover the main areas of the post. The priorities and particular emphasis of the post may change to reflect the needs of Bodycote. In addition to these normal duties, as Bodycote is a flexible organisation, other duties may be assigned to you to support the production operation.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Craftsperson with an engineering background, understand engineering drg’s and measurement techniques
- Operate semi-automatic equipment using pre-determined programmes.
- Numeracy and literate, team worker, concern for accuracy and quality, good communicator, flexible and initiative, customer focused.
- Experience of fanuc robots
- Use of measurement equipment essential
If you can demonstrate you have the above requirements, then why not apply for this great opportunity and develop your careerat Bodycote.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we will keep your CV on file and should anything come up that matches your experience we will contact you. Good luck in your job search.