Head of Finance Systems / IT
Role: Head of Finance Systems / IT
Salary: £Negotiable dependent upon experience + Car, Bonus etc.
An internationally recognised industry leader is looking to appoint a Head of Finance Systems to lead the team responsible and accountable for maintaining and developing the business’s Finance systems and infrastructure. Reporting in to the CIO, you will be entirely responsible for the Finance Systems strategy, including the decision whether to improve the existing platform or move to a new application set. A key element to this role is the ability to work closely with the Group CFO and the finance team.
Key stakeholders are based between both the North-East and Coventry offices, therefore there is need for frequent travel between these locations.
- Develop a clear strategy for Finance Systems in conjunction with the CFO & CIO
- Lead a team of IT and Finance professionals in an emotionally intelligent way paying attention to delivery of business outcomes and personal development.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of prioritised business requirements delivering business processes supported by technology in the areas including but not limited to Financial Accounting, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Intercompany, Product Costing, Financial Planning, Consolidations, Treasury, Tax, Security and Reporting.
- Deliver a roadmap to upgrade or transform the Finance applications and the subsequent implementation.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders in the business to ensure roadmaps and deliverables are agreed.
- Accountable for the management of the day to day operations of the Finance Systems providing support to users across the Group
- Manage 3rd party relationships including requests for proposals and negotiating contracts
- Proven track-record as Head of Finance Systems or Finance Systems Manager
- Strong ERP & EPM systems knowledge with a focus on Finance
- Proven track record of Finance systems transformation from RFP to completion
- Experience in a financial accounting and reporting environment
- First rate communication, inter-personal, and influencing skills
- Naturally inquisitive, connected within the industry and able to bring new ideas
- Good judgment, discretion, tact and the ability to work easily with senior leaders from both the business and technology
- Highly IT literate and forward thinking when it comes to technology adoption
- A background of technical skills - SQL, VBA, Excel & Macros
The role is commutable from the majority of locations across the Midlands, including; Coventry, Birmingham, Leicester, Bromsgrove, Sutton Coldfield, Stratford, Leamington Spa, Bambury, Rugby, Solihull, Redditch, Northampton.