Senior Digital Analyst - Projects and Data Science
The Senior Digital Analyst assists in the delivery of best-in-class digital insight across TUI’s digital assets, including but not limited to thomson.co.uk and firstchoice.co.uk. In an exciting and diverse role, this Senior Analyst will focus on driving change through digital insight for business-critical projects, such as our ventures into new products and markets.
You will be joining the company at a very exciting time, being part of the eCommerce function which is driving the digital focus within TUI UK; we are at a significantly evolved point in our digital journey with an exciting roadmap ahead. In addition to being digitally focused TUI UK is also investing heavily in analytics, with this also being a key focus in driving the business forward.
What you will be doing
As Senior Digital Analyst you will have responsibilities covering a variety of areas including strategic insight, product optimisation, split testing, data integrity and needs specification, analytics availability and coaching.
The core of your role will project based, working with stakeholders to support and shape strategic business initiatives through the application of data and insight, drawing on knowledge from other teams where applicable. The core team support and shape the development of a number of project related areas.
The current focus for the core team is on developing data led insights utilising big data and data science techniques. We are at the start of our data science journey and this role will be at the forefront of our development in this area. Other recent projects in this team have included implementing analytics reporting for our retail estate, and new product initiatives. The core team also have responsibility for supporting stakeholders’ day-to-day data requirements (using Adobe Analytics Premium) while having an eye on the future, highlighting opportunities that may not yet have been considered.
This role will include working with several parts of our analytics tool stack but particularly Adobe Analytics and helping utilise AWS (Amazon Web Services), and the related modelling and analysis tools that work alongside this.
As Senior Digital Analyst you will be also be responsible for coaching stakeholders to achieve greater analytical understanding and adoption of data-driven digital change, and occasional training of other areas in the digital team and wider business in the use of Adobe Analytics
What we are looking for
- Strong recent technical skills in a range of data management and Web analytics technologies, including Adobe Reports and Analytics, GA and Tableau combined with a proven ability to learn new techniques quickly.
- Experience of working with large, unstructured and structured datasets, statistical modelling and analytics tools such as R, SAS, Python, Matlab , or SQL
- Appreciation and/or implementation experience of digital analytics data collection methods
- Established advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Proven stakeholder management abilities with ability to educate and drive change
- Numerate and analytical mindset with a focus on the commercial benefits of making changes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly organised and process-driven
- Passion for data and delivering meaningful insight
- Interest in the travel industry and digital technology/ developments
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork focus
- Strong learning agility with enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience and/or understanding of AB, split & multivariate testing methodology and tools desirable
- Wider knowledge of digital technology (outside of analytics) preferable
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.