Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in ground breaking research.
Alzheimer’s Research UK is looking for a creative and enthusiastic person to join our growing Design and Social team and take on the role of Design Executive.
This exciting job will play an important role in the creation of high-quality design assets. It is a highly creative role in a fast moving and busy Brand department. There is opportunity to work across a wide range of different tasks, designing a large range of items for both print and online.
This is the perfect role for someone looking to take their first step into a career in design and is passionate about developing eye-catching work across multiple formats.
The key responsibilities include:
- Work with the Senior Design Officer to meet the design requirements of teams across the organisation, helping to ensure all design meets the high professional standards of ARUK and represents the values of the organisation to the fullest.
- Assist with the running of the team by responding to colleagues’ requests, actioning feedback on design and communicating progress of tasks.
- Advise and support teams on design best practice, providing insight into previous successes and potential solutions for their projects.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Education to A-level standard or equivalent.
- Experience of working design software such of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Excellent organisational skills; the ability to work to a brief and work across numerous tasks to multiple deadlines.
- A confident, friendly and approachable manner
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge.
Salary: Circa £21,000 per annum, plus benefits
The closing date for applications is the 6th May 2019, with interviews to be held on the 14th May 2019. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on this date.
Please note that the official job title for the successful candidate will be Design Executive. When accessing our online recruitment system, the role will be listed as Design Executive.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role, the vacancy pack and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website.