An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Fitter to join a static site based in Porton Down.
The working hours are 8am-4.30pm, Mon-Thurs, 8am-4pm.
To perform all planned and unplanned mechanical engineering activities relating to the running of an efficient contract and supporting the client sites.
As a mechanical fitter, your main duties will include:
- Support the Line Manager in the day to day implementation of policies and procedures
- Ensure all Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance is completed to schedule ensuring that appropriate documentation is completed and submitted
- Ensuring all safety and performance standards are met in accordance with the contract and good practice.
- Carry out routine maintenance work associated with all mechanical systems.
- Supervise specialist contractors and ensure all certifications / documentation is completed in accordance with the client
- Liaise with and respond to the Helpdesk ensuring urgent maintenance tasks are responded to within appropriate timescales.
- Proven experience within a complex building services critical environment
- Knowledge of PSSR 2000 / Confined Space, Legionella and Permit to work systems.
- This position requires minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in the relevant job specific discipline
- Ability to think and react to immediate problems and issues
- High standard of personal integrity and professionalism with the adaptability to change
- Proactive approach
- The ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Team player with an ability to support other disciplines when required
- Obtain and retain SC clearance
In return, the mechanical fitter will be paid a competitive salary of up to £40,000 depending on experience + an excellent benefits package!