CONTRACT Java Engineering Manager - Milton Keynes
CONTRACT Java Engineering Manager required for a leading retail company in Milton Keynes.
Location: Milton Keynes
Daily rate: Depending on experience
Skills and experience:
- Java 8
- Spring MVC
- Previous experience managing a team
- Good knowledge of e-commerce web development including web security, caching strategies, content delivery networks
- Good understanding of software release management processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to create a culture of collaboration, sharing and learning
- Practical and pragmatic approach to applying agile methodologies
- Objective and goal setting that is aligned with the organisational goals and the need for continuous improvement in engineering efficiencies.
- Hold monthly face to face reviews to assess progress against organisational and individual goals
- Identify capability gaps in your team and fill these through tailoring personal development goals for the engineers in your team
- Work with the engineers and principal engineers to shape their personal development goals which should be aligned with their career aspirations and the need for succession planning
- Organise the team to ensure that all engineers gain exposure of operational support, architectural improvements and security enhancements
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of all of the digital engineering teams’ processes including, but not limited to, hiring, on-boarding, quality engineering practices
- Development of high quality, clean and performant code that is built with operability built in by design
About the role:
Responsible for the line management of a team of Developers whilst contributing to the ongoing engineering effort. Your line management duties will ensure that all levels of engineers from junior to senior have a clear path of progression that is aligned with their career aspirations whilst supporting the succession planning that will protect the capability of the engineering team at all times.
Success in this role can be measured through engaged, highly performant teams where engineers take responsibility for their code from inception through to production, with clean, performant code that has production operability at the core.