Linux/UNIX Systems Consultant - South Birmingham
Linux, UNIX, Redhat, IBM, pSeries, KVM, AIX, Systems Engineer, VIO, SAN, IBM Storage, Nagios, Solarwinds, Pureflex, iSeries
Chapman Tate Associates seeks a Linux/AIX Systems Engineer to join this established and fast growing IT Solutions provider of Data Centre, Workspace and Cloud based solutions.
This is a new role to add to their ever-growing Managed Services out of their offices in South Birmingham, near to Birmingham Airport.
As a LINUX/UNIX Systems Consultant you will respond to requests from their customers received via the Incident Management Team. You will have excellent customer service and high levels or professionalism.
You will provide detailed investigations will be required using your existing knowledge of the products being supported within the managed services contract. You will placed into various 'Resolver Groups’ based upon you current key skill sets
You will have the ability to follow strict Incident, Problem and Change Management processes.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for clients infrastructure
- Proactively look for issues in hosted environments that are being managed and maintained
- Undertake system administrative tasks
- Planning and Implementation of new insulations and upgrades
- Capacity planning and performance management
- Preventative maintenance
- Troubleshooting the system to identify issues and root causes
- Configuration and release management
- Documenting any new issue experienced with solutions and workarounds
- Manage escalations within the scope of the contracted SLAs
- Manage and analyse events from monitored infrastructure components
- Responsible for the management of requests allocated to you to resolve
- Provide out of hours support on a rota basis to your key Resolver Groups
Technically you will have an all-round skills-set and worked and supported the following:
-IBM AIX V6.1 - 7.2
-Linux OS Redhat V6 and v&
-Shell scripting experience
-HA (High Availability) support
-Some IBM hardware exposure around IBM PureFlex, IBM x, p and i series, IBM Blade Centres
-Virtualisation exposure - VMware, VIO
Any experience of Solarwinds will be advantageous to your application.
You must be based within the Midlands and have your own transport. Ideally within an hour’s commute of their offices in South Birmingham near to Birmingham Airport.
The salary on offer is up to £50,000 + an excellent benefits package. With on call package is up to £75K.