Corporate Tax Manager
High growth international business headquartered in Bristol has a newly created opening for a Group Tax Accountant. You will oversee the Group’s tax affairs, working with the businesses and external advisors to ensure compliance with tax legislation and develop and implement planning opportunities to maximise the Group’s tax position.
Sitting within the Group Finance function, the tax function is responsible for identifying and addressing tax opportunities and risks, monitoring tax attributes, overseeing the organisations tax compliance obligations around the world and developing and implementing the overall tax strategy. Specific responsibilities include:
- Preparation, reconciliation and review of tax schedules, calculations and disclosure notes for year-end Group reporting
- Planning, preparation and timely submission of the corporate tax returns
- Annual reconciliation and posting of corporate tax charges for the Group
- Preparation, reconciliation and review of indirect tax schedules and calculations for Group indirect tax returns
- Preparation of Group corporate tax budget and forecasts
- Review and advise on international subsidiary tax submissions
- Undertake tax planning to minimise tax risk and cost in the UK and overseas
- Ensure transfer pricing policies are consistently applied and tax risks are minimised
With a good grasp of tax legislation and application you will be a Qualified Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) or Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA). Previous experience in Corporate Tax and/or Indirect Taxes gained in practice or in-house would be hugely beneficial as is the ability to explain complex tax issues to senior managers in a clear and concise manner. International exposure would be highly desirable. Benefits include bonus, pension, healthcare and parking.