MDM Development Manager
Key responsibilities of MDM Development Manager:
1. Build/optimise highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting by the business.
2. Build data processing frameworks that handle the business's growing database.
3. Strives to continuously develop new and improved data capabilities.
4. Develop and manage the Master Data Management development roadmap, in collaboration with change programmes across the business, and manage all data development related interdependencies.
5. You will work closely with the architects to understand data models and the solution design.
6. You will use your experience to help with low level design and be able to challenge ensuring a robust end to end design that can be developed.
7. Develop the data warehouse development standards and ensure they are effectively implemented and adhered to.
8. Develop & enhance robust processes including development, peer review, testing, release & transfer to operations. Alignment & integration with IT standards & processes where required.
9. Overseeing data development improvements to the Master Data Management solution and intervene if delivery is at risk/compromised.
10. Ensuring business expectations are managed in line with the development and release time scales.
11. Driving a culture of accountability and continuous improvement within the development team and ensure delivery is governed effectively to time, costs and quality.
12. Manage 3rd party suppliers of data and ensure the business gets value for money
13. Ensures planned data & process changes, including migrations, are efficiently controlled & managed
14. Specifically deliver the data changes to the data warehouse estate across the business and deliver upon the data strategy
15. Ensuring all data solutions pass robust testing and meet the expectations/needs of the business.
16. Supporting the Strategy and Design teams with detailed know how on the as-is data warehouse estate.
17. Identify and deliver new business opportunities to optimise our data development ways of working
18. Works towards enabling stellar business performance by utilising not only the data already available to the business, but also tapping into new and innovative sources of data.
19. Works closely with the IT department in organising and creating an environment that makes data and information accessible to the business.
20. Strong experience of balancing work assignment to team & developing more junior team members.
Key Capability, Knowledge and Experience of MDM Development Manager:
· Over 3 years proven experience of leading and building technical teams.
· Over 5 years of working experience working in a data engineering department, preferably as a Data Engineer in a fast-paced environment and complex business setting.
· A broad technical skill set with previous hands on expertise in both traditional and unstructured data environments, BI stacks, and ETL tools.
· The candidate must have a demonstrated experience in building and maintaining reliable and scalable ETL on data platforms as well as experience working with varied forms of systems/tools such as Informatica MDM, Oracle, SQL
· The candidate for this position must possess an ability to perform complex data analyses with large data volumes.
· Experience in leading delivery teams and developing high performance data engineering teams, within an ITIL framework
· Extensive experience of adopting Agile methodologies, engaging & collaborating with stakeholders & suppliers
· Extensive data and business intelligence experience within a complex enterprise organisation.
· Proven record of partnering closely with 3rd parties and IT leadership avoiding conflicting activities
· Knowledge of dimensional modelling concepts and demonstrate proficiency in scripting languages
· A suitable candidate will also be highly knowledgeable in end to end data lifecycle and be highly proficient in wide array of data/MDM tools and technologies.
· Excellent understanding of the management of customer and product master data
· Knowledge of different MDM patterns and data management principles
· Knowledge of data matching and merging methods and techniques
· Knowledge of data quality, cleanse and standardisation methods and techniques
· Experience of various data integration patterns (incl. batch, publish and subscribe, messaging, APIs etc.)
· Ability to understand business processes, use cases and identify exceptions
· Knowledge of data warehousing design methodologies preferred
· Knowledge of database design and data modelling (3NF, Dimensional, De-normalised/Analytical, Conceptual, Logical and Physical)
· Experience with CRMs and ERPs (preferably Pega CS and SAP)
· Experience with Marketing applications (preferably Pega Marketing, Aprimo and BlueVenn)
· Experience with cloud technologies and migrations (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
· Experience of the development lifecycle and exposure to both agile and waterfall delivery methodologies
· Experience working with software vendors, system integrators and contractors in multi-disciplinary teams