We’re looking for a self-starter with a "can do" attitude, fantastic work ethic with strong administrative, organisational and communication skills, and who is bright and on the ball! Would you like to take ownership of a role with lots of potential for growth?
As our Paralegal, you will provide our directors with effective, pro-active, professional and high quality support that enables them to focus on providing an excellent legal service to their clients.
If this is you… APPLY NOW!
Our boutique family law firm is based in beautiful countryside offices outside Reading. We’re a dynamic, forward-thinking Legal 500 law firm specialising in family law and divorce. We offer our City-level expertise in a countryside setting to local, national and international clients.
You will be part of a busy team, interacting daily with directors and clients to understand ever-changing needs.
- Duties will include but are not exclusive to:
- Assisting our directors in preparing legal correspondence
- Organising and maintaining up-to-date systems to ensure effective document management
- Assisting with managing the day to day running of the office
- Submitting documents to court
- Preparing and submitting expense claims
- Keeping track of directors’ diaries
- Processing and composing professional emails to clients
- Collating and indexing legal documentation
- Making appointments and co-coordinating internal and external client meetings
- Answering the telephone in a professional and friendly manner
- Filing, taking payments and distributing the post
- Ensuring all work activities are scheduled effectively, including the identification and resolution of potential challenges and clashes
- And there’s more, if you enjoy driving businesses forwards and helping progress them. This could include from establishing new systems in the office to help on marketing campaigns.
The successful candidate will have:
- A positive and pro active 'can-do’ approach
- Sound judgement and decision making/problem solving skills
- The ability to take personal responsibility, and display discretion when dealing with sensitive information
- The ability to remain calm in pressured situations, maintaining tact and diplomacy
- The ability to build relationships with directors, colleagues, and external clients/contacts
- Paralegal experience
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft and other commonly used office applications
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- An effective and professional telephone manner
- Client service orientated approach and ability to use industry knowledge and experience to anticipate needs and respond to requests/queries from clients on own initiative
- A confident and friendly manner with a sense of humour
- The ability to work either on own initiative or as part of a team
The right candidate will receive a competitive salary based on experience together with a generous holiday allowance and other benefits.
If you have the experience and ambition to make a difference please apply now.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note you will need a car to drive to our location, as there is no direct public transport to our offices.