Quality Engineer / Inspector
Our client are market leaders in the oil, gas & chemical industry with over 30 years of experience. Ideal candidates should have a good engineering background within a machine tool environment.
You will be responsible for the maintenance and updating of ISO Quality system from inspection to documentation.
Candidates should be conversant with the use of machine shop measuring equipment associated with inspection.
Main Job Purpose:
You will assist the Quality Manager in the day to day running, organisation and management of the Quality / Inspection Department of the business.
Main Duties - This list is not exhaustive.
1. To work in accordance and be fully conversant with the ISO 9001 Quality Management System manual.
2. To the best of your ability ensure that products produced meet customer quality requirements through robust inspection procedures.
3. Endeavour to improve internal and external rejects and non-conformances.
4. Check material certification to customer specifications on delivery of materials and ensure full traceability when required.
5. Communicate with customers and suppliers on any quality issues.
6. Calibration of inspection equipment and record results in accordance with the Quality Manual.
7. Shop floor inspection to include first of and final inspection of parts.
8. Assist in the inspection and packaging of parts before delivery to customers.
9. Aid in keeping all quality and training records up to date.
7:30 am - 5.00 pm Monday - Thursday and 7:30 am - 1.00 pm Fridays.