Housing and Care Manager (Scheme Manager, Older People) BLUH80791
Our client is a not-for-profit, leading national provider of retirement housing and care services for older people of modest means. They deliver affordable, contemporary, person-centred care and housing that meets individual needs improves wellbeing and promotes independent living.
They operate in over 150 local authority areas, managing around 20,000 Retirement and Extra Care properties and providing over 40,000 hours of social care each week.
They currently have a new and exciting opportunity to recruit to the role of Housing and Care Manager for their new scheme in Great Ayton.
Within the role you will be responsible for the operational management and quality of the care service, ensuring viability and promoting person centred provision to meet resident needs.
To qualify for the role, you will have:
Significant practitioner and/or management experience, skills and knowledge in one or more of the following areas;
- Services for older people
- Residential day or community services for older people
- Extra Care or Home care services for older people
- Prevention or re-enablement services for older people
- Experience of supervising and managing a small team, ideally within an organisation providing Social Care and / or Social Housing.
- Experience in Housing Management & Maintenance
- Experience is Housing aid and advice
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Good general standard of education with GCSE’s (Grade C or above) in English and Maths
- Relevant professional Qualification (e.g. Diploma in social care level 4/5 and or Diploma in the Chartered Institute of Housing)
As an employee you will receive, a clear Induction pathway and training, Career progression, a 35 hours full time equivalent working week, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
You will also be eligible to join the pension scheme, receive Income protection, Life Cover and you may join one of their many salary sacrifice schemes they currently have available.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.