Role title: Learning Assistant
Location: Northop, Yale, Deeside and Bersham.
Working hours: Permanent part time (30 Hours a week over 35 weeks)
Salary: £17,661 - £18,109 pro rata based on a salary assessment and relevant experience
We are seeking someone driven and passionate to join our learning support team. The right candidate will join our enthusiastic workforce which aims to provide the best experience for each learner. There are a number of roles throughout the college to start at the end of August ready for the new academic year.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Someone who is dedicated and enthusiastic about education and helping young people achieve that 'eureka!' moment.
- Someone patient who will guide their students in their studies and help them to fulfil their potential.
- A pro-active, self-motivated, team player, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Someone who is able to deal with all levels of staff and students and respond to change in a positive manner.
- Someone educated to GCSE standard in English and Maths in C or above and have experience of working with people with additional needs.
- Someone with respect for the Welsh culture and language. The ability to speak Welsh is highly desirable.
WHAT WE'LL GIVE YOU IN RETURN
- An excellent pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Salary sacrifice childcare vouchers
- A range of college evening courses, a contribution of up to 1/3 towards professional course fees,
- Discounted gym membership and much more!
Coleg Cambria is positioned on the border of North East Wales, the college offers world-class facilities including a Centre of Excellence for Engineering, 1,000 acre farm and animal care centre. Notable successes in 2016 included the opening of the new 6th Form Centre and University Centre at Deeside site and new major estate developments at Bersham and Northop.
A DBS Disclosure will be requested from the successful candidate being offered the position.