We provide individual tenancy support to people in the community, helping them to maintain their tenancies, prevent homelessness and continue to live independently, we help customers with mental health diagnosis (psychosis/schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorders, and personality disorders) to work towards their goals.
Salary:£18,000 per annum
Working hours:9AM -5PM- Monday - Friday (Occasional event evening witch may need to be worked out of normal working hours)
About the role
As Support Assistant you’ll carry out support planning and risk assessments for high need customers with the support of a Support Officer. This will involve collaborating with relevant community agencies to ensure customers receive appropriate advice and support. You’ll also be responsible for engaging with customers and raising their awareness of local services and facilities to ensure they have access to training, education and work. Working closely with other departments, you’ll ensure that key performance targets are met and that all customer records are up to date.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people with a range of needs in a support capacity
- Good communication skills and the ability to engage with, and respect the needs of, vulnerable people
- IT skills including the use of Microsoft packages
- To manage and maintain administration and recording systems
- To comply with policies & procedures, including: Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Customer Care
- To be willing to travel around Haringey
We are happy to support our staff with further training in a career within mental health, and/or with accumulating the work experience necessary for applications for Clinical/Counselling Doctorates or other counselling/therapeutic qualifications.