Technical Support Specialist
ENS Recruitment is currently working with an established and successful electronics organisation based in Basildon and we are looking for a Technical Support Specialist (1st/2nd line).
My client is growing the Technical Support Department and they are looking for a Technical Support Specialist with IT or Telecommunications background and great customer support skills to join the team.
The ideal candidate will provide high quality support to clients on a variety of electrical, networking and technical issues. He will also take lead on any hardware builds and testing.
This role is ideally suited to someone with excellent customer service skills who may also be recent IT graduate/college leaver, or someone with equivalent industry experience.
- Install, maintain and configure new custom-built hardware and software
- Build testbeds that involve a mixture of electrical and networking skills
- Test custom built Firmware and Software on testbeds
- Working on the Service Desk receiving and resolving support calls & emails
- Troubleshooting problems remotely and escalating issues if required
- Provide hands on 1st/2nd line support for our clients on site
- Create documentation and knowledge base to empower users/clients to self-serve
- Technical knowledge regarding networking and assisting users using remote desktop connection.
- Hands-on and over the phone hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
- Positive attitude, highly self-motivated, ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation
Salary: Up to £25k per year.
Working Hours: 8AM – 5PM Mon – Fri, 2 weekends/month on call support, remotely.
In return, you will get to work with a wide range of technologies alongside a friendly and dedicated team, in a great environment. This will be a varied role with a lot to learn and develop your skills further which will provide exposure to cutting edge technologies