Assistant Management Accountant
Orka financial is working with a PLC based in Maidenhead to recruit a Assistant Management Accountant to work in one of it's business units. This role will suit an active studier and allow the successful applicant to work towards their accountancy qualification whilst working in a broad finance role with a commercial edge.
Based in the head office, the Assistant Management Accountant will be responsible for ensuring completeness of results using the appropriate reviews and controls. This includes ownership of the Balance Sheet for one entity through reconciliation and interrogation of the numbers.
As the Assistant Management Accountant role develops through the next 12 months, you will support the review of Project Balance Sheets, work with Finance Business Partners across the Division and ultimately be the point of contact for Management Account queries for the business unit.
• Support the production of Monthly Reporting Pack using the TM1 consolidation tool.
• Assist in the improvement of reporting.
• Responsibility for Cash Reporting and Debtors Analysis working with the Divisional Cash Controller.
• Maintenance of the Cashbook, with both the posting of journals and Monthly Bank Reconciliations.
• Monthly forecasting and variances analysis for Overheads, policing and reconciling spends in the IT Overhead.
• Pre-payment and Accruals analysis and posting for Overheads.
• Monthly Reconciliations of Balance Sheet.
• Support the Quarterly Review of Sector and Project Balance Sheets, with sample testing.
• Regular review meetings with Senior Stakeholders with regards Overhead spends and Balance Sheet trends.
• Support the annual budgeting process for the Division.
• Production of the AS Pack at year End for two entities.
• Assist with the Audit deliverables at Year End.
• Other tasks including some transactional duties, processing invoices and raising purchase orders as an example.
• Studying towards recognised accountancy qualification i.e. CIMA, ACCA, ACA.
• Excellent communication skills, being able to relate in a confident manner to Stakeholders at all levels, both verbally and through written correspondence.
• High level of attention to detail and an analytic mindset required.
• Good Microsoft Office skills, Excel in particular.
• Previous experience in an Assistant Accountant role is preferred.
• Effective critical thinking with the ability to simplify complicated matters.
• Ability to work unsupervised, reviewing your own priorities regularly.
£33,000 - £40,000 + Study support + benefits