We have an exciting opportunity for a Content Director to join a successful, progressive PR and Communications agency in Reading. The Content Director works within the agency's combined design, digital and content team, which is at the heart of the company's development as an integrated agency. The content director sets the example for storytelling and content excellence within the agency. In particular, the role provides the insight, intelligence and strategic counsel that ensures all activities relating to content, for clients and internally, meet the highest standards of quality and creativity.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in content, particularly within the technology sector. Excellent client management skills are a must, as well as experience pitching within B2B.
Key Responsibilities of the Content Director:
* Lead on research-based content creation and business intelligence to support client accounts, new business pitches, and thought leadership.
* Plan, develop and oversee the execution of content strategies to support the business objectives for retained and project content clients, within agreed timescales and budgets, to ensure account remains stable and profitable.
* Identify opportunities to increase fee income and sell additional services to clients, through additional ongoing activity or project work
* Ensure rigorous quality control is maintained in all work produced by the team, and company guidelines are adhered to.
* Take a lead role in helping to cultivate team spirit and culture in the office.
* Be prepared to provide hands-on support to colleagues when required.
* Research and draft whitepapers, insight documents (external and internal) and trends snapshots as required.
* Research and craft creative concepts for new business and client campaigns.
* To act as a senior source of content counsel across the business.
* Involvement in business development and new business pitches.
* Project manage client content development, acting as a driving force to ensure the agency and all teams involved in any campaign, deliver on client expectations.
* Ensure the company's business goals, values (PIES), operating objectives and standards of performance are clearly communicated and understood by direct report(s).
* Have achieved the first level of Storytelling accreditation. The company's storytelling philosophy will be second nature in written and verbal work
* Promote the Storytelling Academy to clients and in social media with a view to achieving additional revenue through the Academy.
The Content Director will have similar experience in a PR/content role and will ideally possess the following attributes:
* Ability to find creative and compelling stories through research, or when there is no news
* Able to offer guidance to clients and PR teams
* Excellent project management skills
* Good listener and approachable
* Creativity, energy and enthusiasm
* Good organisational and time management skills
* Display autonomy and accountability; be able to make a decision
* Self - motivation and a persuasive manner
* Proven spoken and written communication skills across a variety of areas
* Enhanced 'people skills', able to adapt to a range of audiences both internally and externally
* Thorough understanding of clients' business and their market
* Consistent professional manner
* Proven presentation and negotiation skills
* Strong leadership skills to inspire and motivate individuals to exceed client expectations.
Along with the competitive salary, the package includes a £4,800 car allowance and CPD accredited storytelling training. Please apply on-line today should you wish to be considered for the role.