Field Service Engineer Coffee / Beverage Machine
Field Service Engineer (Coffee / Beverage Machine)
Established in 1864, Matthew Algie have been producing sustainable premium quality coffee and tea for over 150 years. The company sells its coffee to coffee shops, bars, restaurants, hotels and businesses across the UK & Ireland and also offers coffee machines for hire - supported by a network of field engineers as well as a range of coffee-related equipment and complementary products through its sister-company Espresso Warehouse.
Our key values of Ethics, Passion, Integrity and Collaboration are at the core of everything we do, from new product innovation for our customers to projects with our Fairtrade co-op farmers. We believe our continued success is due to the great people we employee and those with whom we do business.
Position: Field Service Engineer
Location: North London and surrounding areas.
Reporting: Divisional Service Manager – London and South East
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £25K + £3K London allowance
Benefits: include an enhanced contributory pension scheme, annual holiday starting at 25 days entitlement plus public holidays.
- To install and maintain all coffee equipment supplied by Matthew Algie to a high standard and in accordance with the relevant company procedures and health & safety legislation.
- To train customers if required on the safe operation of equipment.
- To order and manage repair parts cycle times.
- To keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
- To maintain daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up.
- To maintain tools and test equipment and ensure they are properly calibrated.
- May be required to stay away from home for training purposes etc. (approx. 5-10 days per year)
- Initial machine training could require 20 days away from home (spread over 10 weeks).
- Excellent working knowledge of Electrical and or Mechanical systems
- Have good organisational skills
- Ability to understand technical diagrams and manuals
- Good attention to detail
- IT literacy desirable
- Customer facing skills
- Ability to follow direction and work within agreed parameters, guidelines
You may have experience of the following: Field Service Engineer, Service Engineering, Maintenance Engineer, Mobile Support Engineer, Field Service Technician, Maintenance Technician, Installation, Repairs, etc.