Project Managers with NHS and IT Healthcare experience required.
The Project Manager will provide overall project management and co-ordination of all tasks relating to the successful deployment of our client software within Healthcare organisations.
The Project Manager will lead the delivery team and act as the key client interface to the Hospital for reporting, project governance, risk and issue management, project escalations and release planning. There will be a requirement to work on the customer’s site and the Project Manager will ensure there is a presence at key meetings. The ideal candidate will be highly flexible with a willingness to work away from home as required.
Role Description for the Project Manager:
• Responsible for the delivery of the project at various customer sites, according to the overall implementation strategy and programme plans;
• Providing leadership to members of the Project team where appropriate, customer relationship management, supplier management and systems management as required;
• To negotiate with, liaise with, co-ordinate and monitor the activities of suppliers and customer IT staff as appropriate to ensure all stages of the project are implemented in a timely manner, to a high quality and to agreed standards;
• Supporting the implementation of technical solutions by:
o Facilitating requirement gathering and solution workshops;
o Developing the implementation plan;
o Detailing business requirements for client approval;
o Detailing technical requirements;
o Assisting the customer with user acceptance testing;
o Planning and delivery of client training where necessary.
• Preparation of project documentation as required including Business Case and PID development;
Ensure that external and customer scanning functions are operating efficiently and effectively;
• Produce detailed project plans and report to the Programme Management Lead on against slippage and propose remedial action:
• To work with the System Development team on product enhancements and translating user requirements;
• To identify issues and potential risks and to propose pragmatic solutions to minimise or remove risks;
• Contributing to commercial processes and producing documentation such as SOWs, RFQs, RFPs and ITTs;
• Supporting 'pre-sales’ activities through the provision of software demonstrations and the articulation of implementation strategies.
Required Experience for the Project Manager:
• Minimum of 3 years’ project management experience ideally in IT Healthcare;
• Firm understanding of one or more established Project Management methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2);
• Demonstrable experience in the management of all aspects of a project from initiation to completion, timely reporting of all project variables, and delivering agreed solutions on schedule;
• Demonstrable experience in the management of project stakeholders and / or clients;
• Experience of creating and working to project plans, including handling of change controls
• Understanding the business process benefits for system implementations and using IT to enable the benefits and enhance business processes;
• Proven negotiating skills and the ability to convince internal and external colleagues at all levels of the merits of change;
• Producing a high standard of project documentation using Microsoft Office products (Project, Excel, Visio, Word);
• Delivery focused management of the whole development cycle from requirements gathering through to successful implementation;
• Proven ability to manage and motivate a project team;
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and presentation.
Desirable Experience for the Project Manager:
• Knowledge and use of informatics in a healthcare organisations;
• IT skills specifically in relation to EDM systems;
• Knowledge of relevant clinical applications.