The Contracts Specialist will support with operational activities within the Procurement Function such as training and coaching internal stakeholders and process mapping. The role supports contract negotiation and development activity where required, and transfers knowledge and skills in the process.
The Role will be Accountable for:
- Understanding the specific contracting requirements of the Strategic Performance Unit ("SPU"), Procurement and Supply Chain Management Segment ("PSCM") and shaping Centre Of Excellence contacting plans and priorities to ensure compliance in the most efficient and effective way.
- Liaising with Legal Teams
- Working with the relevant market sector and commodity managers to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/commodity strategies;
- Participating in some aspects of the full sourcing process which include development of scope, contract writing, and contract execution;
- Ensuring the PSCM common processes are implemented, used and continually improved
- Selecting the correct contract templates for use in creating a contract, being able to use the templates appropriately, and amending clauses where necessary
- Ensuring local contracts comply with master/global agreements
- Participating in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned
- Engaging, challenging, and influencing internal customers, and providing guidance on PSCM processes and risk management
- Undertake training sessions for internal stakeholders on contract clauses
- Where required, liaise with suppliers to support internal stakeholders with complex contract negotiations
Experience & Expertise
- Deep knowledge of contracting processes, tools and systems in directs and indirect sectors, as well as a strong understanding of critical clauses and T&Cs
- Deep contracting practitioner knowledge - either a legal or procurement (preferably both) background. (Highly knowledgeable in contracting processes, tools and systems ideally in direct and Indirect sectors, as well as deep understanding of critical clauses and T&Cs.)
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills. Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, in multiple countries / time zones.
- A proven track record of delivering and supporting sourcing processes and services in a complex blue chip global organisation, ideally within a procurement function dealing with multi-billion $ spends.
- Ability to prioritise personal tasks, and assist others with managing their workload.
- Graduate or equivalent qualification/experience.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.