E-commerce Web Analyst
Title Web Analyst Dept. eCommerce Reporting to eCommerce Director
How to use your job description
Every person within Evans Cycles plays a valuable part in ensuring we continually strive to be better and make a significant contribution in driving the success of the business. As you read on, you will find a breakdown of your key responsibilities and duties, so you can start achieving just that.
This Job Description is not just a reference tool for you to see what you’re letting yourself in for, it will also play a vital role in performance reviews to come and will form the basis of ensuring that you continue to learn and feel developed throughout your career with us.
2 - Key responsibilities
REPORTING • Conduct deep dive analysis; provide regular insight in all aspects of the digital journey to pull out trends and reporting on the performance in order to improve the conversion/success rate of key customer journeys and digital channels. • Delivering weekly and monthly reports and sharing meaningful insights with in house teams • Ensure data collection and standardisation is met and explain methodologies to internal stake holders TECHNICAL ELEMENTS • Develop and implement the technical requirements for analytics tagging and tracking infrastructure • Manage Google Analytics implementation and be the product champion • Owning the analytics infrastructure, supporting teams to enhance their set-up, implementing and testing of data tagging
1 - The purpose of your role
The Digital Analyst is a new role to lead on defining how we implement web analytics across the Evans Cycles digital estate to gather accurate and actionable data. The role will also own the ongoing optimisation of the web analytics infrastructure so as to continually enhance the user experience across our websites.
The Digital analyst is responsible for developing the strategic use of the customer database via delivery of reporting and insights. It helps deliver the customer vision by using data and appropriate statistical methodologies to: • Understand Evans Cycles customers, their engagement and behaviours • Identify key customers, why they are valuable, and support the customer acquisition and retention strategy • Deliver analysis and insight which can help drive new/existing revenue streams • Support decision making around customer communications, product development and digital advertising performance • Provide evidence and insight to support Customer Strategy in refining the strategy, approach and objectives for the business going forward
Help answer the wider strategic questions faced by the senior management team
You will also be working alongside members of the IT team who will manage the data architecture and any data integration into the data warehouse.
• Understand product owners’ needs to translate business requirements into analytics technical requirements and ensure that priorities are met • Recommend fit for purpose analytics and drive adoption across product teams resulting in revenue driving insight • Investigate specific issues and propose solutions by analysing data from a wide range of sources including digital analytics data, voice of the customer and session replay tools. • Look for ways to drive improvement and ensure value and actions can be derived from the data • Provide support and insight to the business for all its digital sites and tagging requirements • Ensure consistent communication of key metrics across all digital propositions • To take responsibility for proactively identify opportunities to enhance the customer journey on all sites, taking account external best practice and current and future trends • Providing quantitative insights to UX qualitative research • Occasional A/B testing to help improve client site performance • Contribute to the growing insight-based and data driven culture • Drive the upskilling and adoption of key team members across our digital products • Train users to encourage self-service of analytics reporting.
• Brand Ambassador: You are an ambassador and role model for our brand; from the way you present yourself to the knowledge you have of our brand and the enthusiasm and motivation that drives everything you do. Your role is to uphold the Evans Cycles image at all times. • Those ad hoc duties: As with all roles, you may at times be required to carry out ad hoc duties; whether that is to support another team member, to take on additional responsibilities or to get involved in project work that may impact not only on your department but also the wider business.
3 - Our expectations
• Technical knowledge required: • Google Analytics (ideally 360), Google BiqQuery & Google Data Studio • Key understanding of database querying languages (SQL Server & T-SQL) • Experience automating & visualising reports using various data sources and tools (e.g. Google Data Studio, Tableau, Targit, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, etc.) • Strong MS Excel skills (macros, data import from Analysis Services, linked worksheets/workbooks)
• Preferred skills (but not essential): • Google Tag Manager • Data integration to BI • SSIS, SSAS experience
• General skills: • Strong analysis skills • Excellent numeric ability • Good attention to detail • Confident with activities such as information gathering, training and supporting people outside your own team • Able to present data in a clearly understandable way and translate technical terms for laypeople
We’ve come a long way from the local shop in Kennington Road, London in 1921. Back then we made our own bikes, and even won awards for the quality of our service. It was (and still is) all about knowledge, passion and value. These three things are still part of our DNA - we’re still a local bike shop, but now with nationwide stores and a huge online store that operates on a global scale.