This Milton Keynes based Design and manufacturing business is looking to recruit an IT Manager to provide proactive hands-on IT support to the business.
Reporting to the Finance Director you will be responsible on a day to day basis for the management and delivery of IT facilities across the business, ensuring that the technology and application portfolio aligns with the business objectives of the organisation and that costs are maintained in accordance with budget expectations.
This is a standalone role in a rapidly growing business, with plans to embrace new and advanced technologies - offering a fantastic career opportunity to learn and train in new areas of tech.
- Implement appropriate IT policies and procedures to maximise data security and governance.
- Research tactical IT solutions to meet the operational objectives of the business; liaising with stakeholders and making recommendations to the FD.
- Formulate short-term and long-term strategic plans aligned to the strategies and objectives of the group.
- Oversee and support the operation of the business's primary business system (IFS). To manage all network operations, ensuring maximum uptime and user satisfaction across the business.
- Assist FD with the development of IT strategy, functional development and management of IT projects and expenditure.
- Assist FD with the development of management information, dashboards and data outputs required by each functional area
- Management of hardware/software procurement, maintenance and service agreements.
- Liaison with software partners on the development and implementation of business systems and controls to best practice across all functional departments.
- Liaise with affiliated companies to share knowledge for the mutual benefit of the group.
- Oversee the use of CAD and PLM systems, ensuring maximum availability, security and data integrity.
- Manage the operation of data management, telecoms and infrastructure including file structures, backups, archives, mobile devices, comms lines, ADSL, video conferencing, firewalls, DMZ, switches, routers, UPS, user and server hardware etc.
- Preparation of IT P&L and capital budgets.
You must be able to demonstrate technical experience of:
- Network design, maintenance and troubleshooting in a layer 3 network environment.
- Microsoft products, including Windows and Office 365
- Common desktop software packages
- Infrastructure hardware and software
- ERP software (preferably IFS)
- CAD/PLM systems (preferably Windchill)
This is a role that would suit someone who is looking to make a solid career move to a business that needs a hands-on IT professional, one who is willing to learn and add to their experience and who wants to make a significant impact. If you are hardworking, ambitious and determined then this could be the role for you. This position offers a chance to work with all stakeholders within the business and establish credibility whilst driving standards within IT.
Experience in managing the outsourcing of software support contracts and implementation and development of ERP systems would be highly advantageous, and applicants must have at least 5 years’ experience working in a senior IT role, in manufacturing or supply chain with at least 2 spent providing direct end-user support. Candidates must provide evidence of technical training; MS Windows, Networking, MS Server and preference will be given to Microsoft Certified individuals, MCSA, MCSE.
This is a permanent role paying £34,000 - £37,000 +benefits.