Infrastructure Engineer - Linux, AWS - Permanent - Coventry - c£40,000 + Benefits
Currently looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join a growing educational body with strong experience with Linux (e.g. Ubuntu, Centos, RHEL) and Cloud services (e.g. AWS, Azure).
- Strong Knowledge of Linux (e.g. Ubuntu, Centos, RHEL) and Linux based applications such as Apache, HAProxy, MySQL, RabbitMQ.
- Experience working with Hyper-V and other virtualisation technologies
- Experience working with VoIP technologies (e.g. Asterix, 3CX, Freeswitch)
- Knowledge of storage technologies (e.g. Nimble)
- Knowledge of Windows 10 desktop deployment (e.g. SCCM, WDS, MDT)
- Knowledge of configuration management and automation tools
- Administrative experience and familiarity with network security appliances and platforms. (e.g. Imperva)
- Experience managing and maintaining backup services (e.g. Veeam or similar)
- Strong knowledge of networking and routing
- Experience of scripting and automation (e.g. PowerShell, Bash)
- Experience of working within the ITIL framework
Sitting in a team of 7 and reporting into the Head of IT, due to growth you will provide technical leadership in numerous small to medium projects. This could include upgrades of systems, security updates and testing. You will be used as an escalation point for troubleshooting IT issues and will respond to monitoring alerts to any health issues with network appliances, servers, backups and cloud services/infrastructure.
Our client is a growing private educational body who support students across the UK in obtaining degree’s, master’s and MBA’s. Specialising in distance learning, people worldwide can further their education get the qualifications they need.