General Manager - Cheltenham
Sports Direct Fitness is the leisure division of Sports Direct the UK’s number one sports retailer.
Welcome to our world...
Sports Direct Fitness are the newest business venture of the international retail giant Sports Direct and we are taking the fitness world by storm.
In our world the passion and ambition of our people have kept us moving. Their passion for fitness is second to none, their knowledge and service levels hook the customer, their drive and ambition to be the best is unrivalled.
We now require a truly exceptional, driven and proven General Manager to help take us to the next level. If you have a “reach for the stars” attitude and go above and beyond then take a look at our careers…. They are out of this world!
As a Sports Direct Fitness employee you will be joining us at this fantastic growth and development time and you will see this business go from strength to strength and along with it your career. The GM is responsible for the successful management of all aspects of the club, they are an exceptional leader and have strong sales and operational management skills. They strive to create a profitable, clean, friendly, productive and enjoyable club environment for the Team and Club Members at all times
As a member of our team YOU Need To...
- Delivering member growth year on year through sales and retention processes ensuring a positive contribution is made to P& L reports by way of managing membership yield and joining fees.
- Provide training and development for the team as required.
- Know your market well through strong competitor analysis reports.
- Plan your team to ensure the quarterly set targets are achieved through mapping external and internal outreach.
- Monitoring your clubs sales performance to meet with company KPI’s.
- Effectively lead, manage and execute all sales promotions delivered by Head office.
- Membership Revenue (Recurring revenue, corporate & external partners Ancillary Revenue (Add spend, studio rental and licensee, swim and sundry revenue)
- Ensure You Enforce Commercial controls
- Utility management of the facilities.
- Controllable Contribution (operational payroll, studio costs, stock management and stationery and marketing)
- Ensure Brand standards are in place to meet company and member expectations.
- Management of leaver control through debt recovery systems. .
- Work on Member Retention/product
- New member journey through PT, Gym floor interaction/challenges and group exercise engagement.
- Strong liaison with all Personal Trainers
- Management and control of Group exercise timetable through agreed budgets and the membership needs.
Be People Focussed
- Proactively manage the club succession, development and recruitment plan to ensure the club is fully staffed and productive at all times.
- Recognise great performance and manage poor performance issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Encourage full participation in the Team Engagement survey and act on feedback.
- Drive positive Member Retention through supporting members to achieve their goals.
- Be visible and active during peak hours and interact with club members
ActWith confidence and a real desire to communicate with club members and deal with queries and complaints in a calm and professional manner.Take ownership of issues and attempt to resolve as much as possible locally.With integrity, resilience and drive to lead and motivate the team to success and through