Tax Senior in Chelmsford
A fantastic opportunity to join a 4 Partner firm based in Chelmsford who are looking to add a qualified or studying Tax Senior to their dynamic & established Practice. This opportunity is a fantastic opportunity for someone to excel their career within Tax & gain experience working in a Tax focused role.
Tax Senior duties based in Chelmsford will include
- Request information from client and 3rd parties (banks, building societies, pension providers etc) and send reminders as necessary.
- Collate accounts and other relevant information from other departments of Silver Levene LLP.
- Use information to complete tax returns using tax software
- Prepare letter to client, detailing liabilities and any tax saving opportunities
- Ensure client receives tax return and any client queries are dealt with.
- Ensure approval of completed tax return is returned from client and lodged with HMRC.
- Calculate total tax liability for clients and advise client of when and how to pay tax and any interest, surcharges and penalties.
- Explain and apply maximum pension contributions in relation to earnings for clients.
- Review tax returns generated by Tax Assistants and Tax Semi-Seniors and use this to assist in their training and development.
- Ensure all P11D's and associated s336 claims are completed, signed by the client and submitted to the Inland Revenue within set deadlines.
- Assist Partners on tax issues in client meetings, if requested, and arrange own client meetings where appropriate.
- Identify any special work outside of the normal billing cycle.
- Review debtors and remind clients of any outstanding fees.
Experience required for the Tax Senior based in Chelmsford
- ACCA/ACA/CTA/ATT Studying
- 5+ years in UK Practice
- Able to work alone, with no supervision needed
- Experience in managing a portfolio or a certain amount of clients
- Able to communicate & have a front facing role