Assistant Merchandiser - Multi Channel Retailer
To ensure optimum merchandise availability on designated departments.
To control co-ordination of open-to-buy on designated departments ensuring sales and intake are consistent with agreed stock levels and adjusted in line with over/under performance and authorised.
A leading multi-product on trend retailer in the Warrington area. The business has a growing online platform as well as stores throughout the UK.
- To ensure optimum merchandise availability on designated departments.
- To control co-ordination of open-to-buy on designated departments ensuring sales and intake are consistent with agreed stock levels and adjusted in line with over/under performance and authorised.
- To plan and manage stockbuy requirement by month/division/profile to ensure product content/volumes/timing is in line with agreed objectives and planned as part of the range development process.
- To ensure that core lines are maintained at appropriate stock levels to maximise sales.
- To identify slow selling lines and propose relevant promotional/markdown action on designated departments.
- Management of and training and development of allocator's
- To effectively manage allocation and replenishment of stock.
- To manage the EDF file as required ensuring all information is accurately updated as required
- Supplier Management (agreed areas) on a weekly basis ensure on time/in full deliveries and compliance with Company requirements for delivery.
- To develop a working knowledge of stores / store types and competition through store visits.
- To ensure specific weekly reports / tasks are completed on time as agreed with the merchandiser
- To liaise / communicate with stores / area managers
- To Develop a thorough knowledge of existing systems and involvement as required in the implementation of new systems
- Currently an Allocator, Merchandise Assistant or have completed a placement year in Merchandising.
- large retail environment/multi-channel business
- Experience working within the fashion/homes industry
- An enthusiastic, tenacious and proactive individual.
- Having highly developed analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent PC skills, with experience of working with Financial/Analytical tools.
- Able to demonstrate high attention to detail at all times
- Proven experience gained in a Supply chain environment / retail head office
Close to transport links