Investigo are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a Milton Keynes based Plc who are looking to recruit a Management Accountant, on a permanent basis.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for supporting senior management and driving performance in the business, through production and interpretation of high quality management accounts.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Monthly Management Accounts
- Delivery of high quality management information to the Head of Finance and generating accurate and timely management accounts and commentary.
- Assist with preparation of judgemental elements of monthly management accounts and overall review of subsidiary results.
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations including follow up of open items to ensure correctly dealt with on a timely basis.
- Management of year end audit process ensuring key deliverables are available on time and liaising with the external audit team with query resolution.
- Operational Initiatives
- Provide support to all business unit departments and the senior management team to assist with the financial impact of operational decisions being made.
- Assist with internal audit requirements for the business unit, as needed.
- Identifying best practice and ensuring consistent processes are in place and are streamlined. Implementing and upholding a robust controls environment.
- Business Partnering
- Providing financial support by working closely with Directors and Cost Centre Managers to ensure the regional P&Ls and associated KPIs are accurate and are used by the teams as a management tool.
- Work with stakeholders to suggest and follow up on revenue generating and cost saving ideas in line with key strategies for the business unit.
- Team Leadership
- Line management responsibility for up to three members of the finance team including objective setting, management against goals and developing the individual to reach their potential.
- Working with the offshore finance team to monitor and optimise the work that is done offshore.
- Act as a visible advocate and role model for our purpose and values, creating an environment where our values are consistently demonstrated through your own and your teams' behaviours
- Other Activities
- Indirect involvement in annual budgeting activities for the business streams, assisting the commercial finance team in the preparation of the annual budgets.
The successful Candidate will be a Professionally Qualified individual with 0-3 years PQE, and strong management accounting experience. They will be a self-starter who builds exceptional relationships, and has the ability to manage a small team. Our Client will happily consider candidates who are looking to make their first move from Practice into industry.
Our Client is offering a salary of £45,000 + £5,000 Car Allowance + Benefits.