Senior Finance Manager
Senior Finance Manager required for our client, a high growth, fast track Consumer business.
This is a truly exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual who is looking for an opportunity where you can be fully involved in many areas of the business, including a number of upcoming projects. Candidates do need to have previous consumer experience.
As a Senior Finance Manager, you will be part of a Finance team of seven and report into the Financial Controller. You will act as a strong number two to the Financial Controller. As part of your role you will provide an accurate, up to date financial picture of our periodic performance, to support and assist the senior leadership team in making key decisions, these will shape the overall strategy and direction of the business.
The business have some exciting growth plans over the next 3 years and you will have the opportunity to be involved in innovative Finance projects that will support this and help drive the business forward.
Key skills include:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified with a strong academic background
- Industry experience is also essential, ideally within a Consumer business, as an understanding of stock profiling would be highly beneficial.
- Previous management experience, either within audit / industry
Role will include:
- Management of 2 junior members of staff
- Finance Business Partner for Functional Directors (Sales & NPD)
- Assist in financial aspects of department's decision-making
- Sales = Sparring partner with Sales on creation of Joint Business Plans with customers
- NPD = review financial proposition of new to market products (cost & selling prices)
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Own Quarterly Financial forecast of Sales & trade spend (adjusting the Sales Team's monthly forecasts)
- Major role in creation of annual Budgets
- Own the accounting for Trade Spend
- Insightful Financial Reporting
- Help to continuously improve the suite of management report
- Prepare Monthly management Accounts:
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Cleaning up the output from NetSuite
- Helping A/P clerk to chase budget-holders for un-PO'd spend for accruals
- Review Monthly management accounts
- Reviews with Function Directors
- Review with Financial Controller & CFO
- Publish shareholder reports
- Monthly management accounts pack
- Various ad hoc analyses
- "Commerce Cloud" Reconciliation
- e. sales & customer receipts from our Direct channel (our own E-Commerce website)
- Monthly reconciliation of the Invoice Finance banking facility
- Cash flow forecasting
- VAT review (& quarterly submissions)
- Process Improvement drives
- Help develop the NetSuite ERP system
- Annual Processes including statutory reporting and audit management
For more information, please contact Amel Steel on