We are committed to developing innovative, energy saving controls for lighting, heating and ventilation.
We are seeking a self-driven and highly motivated Product Manager to join our forward thinking, successful company based in North West London (NW10).
As a Product Manager you will play a vital role in the product planning, marketing and support. This includes helping to manage the product throughout its entire lifecycle; gathering and prioritising product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with R&D to successfully deliver the product on time and to budget.
The Product Manager will report to the Senior Product Manager, and work alongside the R&D and Technical teams. The role also involves working closely with our external Sales Team, marketing and technical support to ensure successful product launches and continuous customer satisfaction. Post-launch, you will continue to refine and develop the product requirements, feeding information back to R&D.
It is a highly visible post at the forefront of new technologies, working across all departmental disciplines provides technical and sales input to meet company deadlines and results.
Responsibilities (include but not limited):
- Interpret and materialise customer and market requirements in order to identify product specifications and formulate a business case.
- Create and maintain formal product roadmaps for products
- Build and maintain effective relationships with customers, sales and operational colleagues
- Work closely with Technical Service department in product and after sales support
- Act as the principle product champion for allocated products including working closely with R&D to create product specifications, product testing and product updates.
- Contribute towards marketing collateral and technical documentation
- Prepare the LRP (Long Range Plan) and sales budget on annual basis
- Set up the necessary means to achieve objectives according to the LRP (Long Range Plan) and budget
- Liaise regularly with Group marketing teams (product managers and area marketing manager)
- Champion the CP product portfolio within the Legrand group and grow sales via subsidiaries
- Be responsible for PIM (Product Information Management) and BIM (Building Information Modelling) for the CP portfolio
The ideal candidate:
- Will have proven track record as a Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager taking product through product life cycles.
- Can demonstrate previous success at defining and launching products
- Can successfully define product strategies and road maps, and is capable of delivering product specifications
- Can successfully develop sales tools and support the sales team by providing product demonstrations to both employees and customers
- Is capable of budgeting for R&D, marketing and support costs
- Is confident and knowledgeable in setting pricing strategies
- Has exemplary written and verbal communication skills, and is able to work well within teams
- Prepared to travel nationally and international occasionally.
What we can offer you:
You will be working in an environment geared towards performance with an open corporate culture that values the contribution of every individual. We can also offer you an exciting, fast-paced working environment, a culture of teamwork and the opportunity to play a vital role in maintaining our sustained growth.
- Full time, 37.5 hours/week, Monday to Friday
- Permanent (subject to 6 months’ probationary period)
- Salary: £35,000.00 to £42,000.00 depending on experience
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- 25 days holidays
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Childcare Vouchers
- Bike to work scheme