Head of Maths
We are looking for an outstanding teacher to lead a successful Maths department.
Your new school
Stopsley High School is an 11-16 mixed Comprehensive School and Community College situated in a quiet area on the Hertfordshire / Bedfordshire border with convenient access to Luton Airport, the M1 and main line rail links to London. Stopsley High School is a popular, oversubscribed school described by Ofsted in October 2014 as "a good school where students are respectful of each other and their teachers … students are polite, well-mannered and courteous."
Your new role
Stopsley High School are looking for an outstanding teacher with the experience or potential to lead a successful Maths department. You will be responsible for the academic progress of all the students, to continually raise achievement and to provide day to day leadership and line management for each member of staff in the maths department. You will encourage and support the professional development of staff within the department and promote a positive working atmosphere which encourages cooperation.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Teacher status
- A proven track record of excellent exam results across Key Stages 3 and 4
- Possess strong leadership and management skills
- Have the ability to relate positively to students, parents and other stakeholders to engage them successfully in the life of the school
What you'll get in return
- A friendly, open and supportive school with a strong induction programme.
- Commitment to professional development of all colleagues.
- The opportunity to be involved in cutting edge developments in the school's teaching & learning groups.
- A brand new school building which opened in January 2017 with state of the art facilities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Brett Coventry on