eCommece Development Manager
eCommece Development Manager
Central Support Office, Crawley
Competitive Salary plus Benefits and Bonus
Evans Cycles are searching for a highly hands on and pro-active Development Manager who can deliver web development projects on time and within budget and scope. Leading eCommerce best practice and a small in-house team of specialists you will manage technical and non-technical third party suppliers.
In an exciting time of growth for Evans Cycles you will cover key areas including support, business analysis, conversion optimisation and product owner responsibilities.
About the role...
As Development Manager you will be responsible for Agile Website development and lead our ongoing website development programe of the business to consumer and business to business platforms (SAP/Hybris). You will use your extensive experience and understanding of Agile and Scrum methodology to push forward and deliver on all the exciting projects currently in pipeline and flight.
You will confidently produce detailed requirement documents, development stories and acceptance criteria to feed the agile/scrum process, managing capex and opex spends, UAT deadlines, testing and bug fixing.
Being an integral part to the succession and growth of technology within Evans Cycles you will work with internal stakeholders to gather detailed requirements and managing prioritisation of development based on business needs. You will be confident in providing feedback regarding timings and progress to business stakeholders and manage expectations through effective communication.
Acting as an extension to the in-house IT and internal systems teams you will manage cross-platform and multichannel development projects.
As Evans Cycles Development Manager you will;
- Have a strong passion for all things digital and have a good understanding of how consumers behave online.
- You will be project management focused and have demonstrable experience of leading development projects to completion.
- Familiar with various systems and technologies that interface to trade website and understand how to optimise a website for an excellent user experience.
- A good understanding of best practice ecommerce is crucial, as well as the ability to lead the troubleshooting of issues and find solutions to problems and business challenges.
- Demonstrable experience in Agile & process management via Jira is essential for succession in this role.
- You will possess a thorough understanding of the development lifecycle with the ability to explain this to both technical and non-technical people alike.
- Previous experience analysing complex As-Is and To-Be processes in the Retail and/or eCommerce industry is a must: providing examples will be beneficial.
- A passion for cycling is useful but not a requirement - we are happy to teach you all things bike!
We’ve come a long way from the local shop in Kennington Road, London in 1921. Back then, we made our own bikes, and even won awards for the quality of our service. It was (and still is) all about knowledge, passion and value. These three things are still part of our DNA - we’re still a local bike shop, but now with nationwide stores and a huge online store that operates on a global scale.
We love to reward our colleagues for the passion and enthusiasm they put into what they do.
Here are some of our benefits that you can unlock…
- Up to 30 Days Holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
- A Company Pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Annual Bonus
- The Yellow Jersey - our colleague of the month award
- Free Entry to our RIDEIT Events
- A Dedicated Training Program from day one
- Access to your very own e-learning portal
On completion of your probationary period…
- A Ride to Work Scheme (unsurprisingly)
- Trade Discount on all of our products
- Holiday Buy Back - buy up to 5 days’ additional holiday
After 6 months…
- Health Shield, a cash back health plan
Click apply today to begin your Evans Cycles adventure.