Health and Safety Lead
HEALTH & SAFETY LEAD
The post holder will be responsible for leading and driving safety, quality and regulatory compliance to achieve the best service standards and outcomes. There are no direct reports and the successful candidate will report into the Chief Executive.
Key responsibilities include:
• Work in liaison with Directors to develop an effective health & safety and quality strategy.
• Lead/support implementation of the health & safety and quality strategy and related
• Lead the smooth and timely management of the Safeguarding & Health and Safety Forum.
• Leading and developing processes and systems to ensure compliance with regulatory
• Promoting collaboration and transfer of best practice within and between locations.
• Report writing for the Board and Company Directors
• Monitoring accidents and incidents, including analysis
• Lead quality and health & safety programmes and projects when required
• Be the company's Data Protection Officer (DPO)
• To lead and develop the Emergency and Business Continuity Plans.
Health & Safety and Quality improvement
• Work with Directors to develop an effective health & safety and quality strategy
• Lead the implementation, monitoring and review of the health & safety and quality strategy
• Ensure the health & safety and quality Strategy and Governance Framework support
continuous improvement and the delivery of high standards.
• Ensure good governance techniques and tools are embedded in the Company's decision
making, planning and performance
• Co-ordinate the development of health & safety information published on the Company's
website to promote the implementation and delivery of safety improvement plans.
• Provide leadership, health and safety advice and support to the Company's Board, Senior
Managers and staff in relation to developing safety improvement initiatives to deliver
compliance with the Company's statutory health & safety obligations.
• Lead the development and delivery of safety scorecards/dashboards by working with
Directors and Senior Managers to develop appropriate health & safety metrics and
indicators to promote continuous improvement.
• Develop, review and implement health and safety policies and procedures
• Lead and set the direction for effective health and safety management and practices to
ensure that risks are dealt with responsibly and proportionately
• Develop and monitor KPI's related to health and safety as requested
• Deliver health and safety and/or compliance training where required
Compliance and assurance
• Review plus interp