An opportunity has arisen for a qualified Management Accountant (CIMA / ACCA \ ACA) to become part of a thriving team within a large organisation that have a great track record of developing staff.
The position offers great variety which incorporates reporting and commercial work and would suit someone ambitious as is a great opportunity to shine.
Primary purpose of the role:
- Produce and maintain all accounting records for specific divisions
- To look for continuous improvement and develop best practices and effective business controls which will positively impact business results
- Reconciliation of sales on a monthly basis, being able to explain any differences.
- Calculation of the monthly accruals and prepayments and responsibility to ensure all liabilities and assets are recognised correctly.
- Maintain the fixed asset and intangible asset registers, together with calculation of monthly depreciation journals.
- Timely completion of actuals results to group by the agreed deadlines.
- Generation and checking of Profit and Loss Accounts, before circulation to stakeholders with commentary as required.
- Timely completion of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations, challenging balances and postings where applicable.
- Operational queries.
- Contributes to Key Control Framework taking responsibility for relevant areas.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA/)
- Experience working in a multi-site business
- Good Technical Knowledge
- Strong Excel skills
- Very organised with good communication skills and a team player