Job title: Technology Manager
Customer Management Resourcing (CMR) is a boutique recruitment consultancy that specialise in mid & executive level roles within 'Customer Management'. This includes all management or analytical roles surrounding Contact Centres, Customer Experience & A.I.
We are proud to be working with a well-regarded, tenant led housing association who place their tenants and leaseholders at the heart of their operation. They manage a high number of homes in the Buckinghamshire and Berkshire regions and they now have a vacancy for a Technology Manager.
Scope of the role:
Technology is one of the three building blocks in everything they do. It must enable their people and processes, be reliable and constantly improving, but also fit for purpose in our ever-changing environment.
As an organisation, they want to be the best and they know that it will take certain people to help them get there. To be a success in this role, the postholder must have significant experience of managing full-service digital teams, outsourced Managed Service Providers, strategic IT partnerships and devising and implementing digital strategies. In addition, you will have excellent knowledge of current and emerging trends in IT systems and be able to identify and embed transformation opportunities.
The ideal candidate needs to be resilient, personable and just as capable at delivering strategic change over time, as they are at rolling up their sleeves to get their hands dirty, in the here and now. You must be someone who respects project management principles as well as having an unwavering focus on user and customer experience. As a digital leader, you will see solutions not problems, and opportunities where others see challenges. Lead the delivery of their day to day IT support, you will also be responsible for technological improvement, including having the ability to coach and inspire others around you.
Your key duties:
• Pro-actively contract manage their strategic IT partners to ensure high performance; providing support, guidance and reliable technology to the organization and its customers, with full accountability for the service, in line with contracts and service level agreements;
• Collaborate with fellow leaders to provide a robust and unified panel management approach within the Pod, making sure that everyone acts as one to achieve the Pod and wider business objectives;
• Proactively develop and manage an approach to stakeholder management that ensures you keep internal customers informed and they feel part of the Digital Transformation journey;
• Enable the group to optimise performance, impact and delivery by identifying, championing and working to embed new ways of working technologically;
• Manage their data and all risks associated with storage of the same, ensuring that we abide by all relevant law and legislation, incl. GDPR, providing the business with the necessary tools to become and remain compliant in all areas;
• Develop and implement policies, strategies and standards that meet the needs of their customers, focusing on how they help to enable people and processes while remaining legally and statutorily compliant;
• Lead and collaborate with others on the ongoing development of a complex programme of digital projects and change across the whole business;
• Monitor the evolving technology landscape and best practice, identifying, testing and promoting new opportunities as relevant, acting as their Technology 'thought leader’;
Requirements for the role:
• Proven experience and an in-depth knowledge of IT service management, ITIL service delivery and change principles;
• Experience of managing an outsourced Managed Service Provider in an IT environment;
• Somewhere you have displayed excellent business acumen and developed exceptional relationship management skills to get the best from people and systems;
• Someone who can make the extra mile a regular part of the journey, by sweating the small stuff, getting the basics right and finding ways to better people’s experiences; and
• A background where you have managed several large, complex and successful digital transformation projects in an agile or regulated environment.
As a person, you will:
• Have excellent knowledge of IT systems in a diverse and ever-changing business environment, with 'a finger on the pulse’ for emerging trends and technology;
• Have great communications skills - someone who has a natural understanding for technology but also a natural ability to translate it for those who use it;
• Be accurate, diligent and conscientious - a calming influence and solutions focussed;
• Have excellent contract management skills with an ability to get the best from any situation, always thinking and planning for both the short and long term;
A competitive salary of £64’549
- 26 days annual leave plus public holidays plus the option to buy/ sell an additional 5 days per year
- 1 day off paid per year for volunteering
- Generous pension scheme
- Flexible working scheme - they actively encourage a good home/ work life balance
- Life assurance
- Support wit personal development and career progression
- Range of discounts off local businesses and services
How to apply:
To be considered for this opportunity or for more information, you will need to email an updated CV quoting job reference
We do endeavour to respond to as many applications as possible, however due to the high volume of applications we tend to receive we cannot always advise each individual unsuccessful applicant. If you haven’t heard from us within 14 days of submitting your application, please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.