Technical Infrastructure Architect - Data Centre
The Technical Infrastructure Architect will provide infrastructure architecture services into project delivery streams across the technology transformation programme, providing consultancy services to business customers in order to solve problems and meet business needs. Working with in-house and third party design teams, the role holder will serve as a central point of contact for technical architecture across the portfolio.
What you will be doing
Develop and design infrastructure solutions for TUI UK whilst ensuring long-term design goals are set and achieved. Although predominately accountable for cloud technologies this role will also cover other areas of TUI’s infrastructure, such as the remaining compute and storage solutions in our data centres. The role holder must ensure that all programme/project technical issues and risks are managed. Provide rapid and economical pre evaluations and estimates for business ideas / RFW’s to assist in approval decision making and planning. Provide prototype designs for initiatives across all TUI UK platforms and support the implementation of the most appropriate technical solutions.
- To create, manage and govern the use of cloud infrastructure building blocks within a service catalogue, covering Compute, Storage, Network and Security, for use in Solution Architecture Design.
- To promote new approaches to solving infrastructure challenges, such as improving the use of server-less technology, building automation and utilising Infrastructure as code.
- To support Solution Architects with designs using cloud building blocks, integrating with centralised data centres, cloud facilities and 3rd party and SaaS solutions.
- Discuss and agree with 3rd party suppliers a standard set of cloud service elements.
- Review and agree implementation level designs from suppliers, ensure design goals and NFR’s are met by the design before implementation.
- To provide input into the technical direction for TUI UK’s cloud services as new technologies emerge and match these to business requirements.
- Provide input into technology architecture and the production of technology stacks and roadmaps.
- Record and analyse the use of technology across disparate systems and environments.
- Consolidate and present information regarding technology risks for data centre and cloud services, and provide input in to planning new and replacement technology.
- Produce designs and solutions for projects covering all aspects on TUI’s infrastructure identifying impacts and alternatives.
- To supply advice, consultancy and guidance to the company on the capabilities of information technology.
- To engage directly with Programme/Product/Delivery Managers and provide the structured framework within which the IT solutions should be delivered
- To undertake project and development briefings, to ensure lessons learned are captured, disseminated and used
- To keep abreast of developments in IT in order to give a high value and respected input into the delivery of IT solutions
What we are looking for
- Experience of working with broad knowledge range of technologies and architectural approaches, methodologies and frameworks with a pragmatic approach to their application and governance.
- Solid architecture experience specialising in low level infrastructure design as well as a proven ability
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.