Accounts Payable Manager
I am currently recruiting an Accounts Payable Manager on a temporary to permanent basis. This is working for a growing Engineering company based in East London close to Upminster Station.
Sector: Business and Professional Services
My client is a fast growing engineeing company based in East London. They were established many years ago and since have grown consistently year on year. More recently they have made a number of acquisitions in London and now expect rapid growth in 2019.
Due to this expansion they are now looking to hire an Accounts Payable Manager on a temporary to permanent basis. This will be an initial temporary assignment for 6 months. The role will be based in their offices in London.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic working environment.
The Accounts Payable Manager will have overall responsibility for managing the efficient daily running of the accounts payable department, ensuring that purchase invoices are properly accounted and processed according to the company policies and procedures; that payments are made to all creditors within the agreed contract terms and in accordance with current available funds and that the necessary records and reports are maintained.
This role will also be responsible for developing a framework of continuous improvement, implementing and managing operational goals and KPI's and monitoring achievements of performance and profit objectives. This is a pivotal role in our finance division where you will play a key part and in our ongoing growth and success.
- You will ensure accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency in processing to align with operational needs
- You will build strong relationships and work closely with suppliers to ensure efficiency in processes; ensure swift resolution of all payments or billing issues with suppliers, identifying and resolving the source of issues in an effective manner
- You will manage monthly closing of accounts payable to agreed deadlines ensuring accuracy of financial statements, including determination of unposted invoice accruals for major suppliers; completion of supplier statement reconciliations in accordance with agreed schedules; completion of bank reconciliations and monitoring of the ledgers for debit balances and duplicate payments
- You will work with the financial accountant in the preparation of the annual accounts and associated lead schedules for the external audit, providing information as required on a timely basis
- You will have a working knowledge of VAT regulations to ensure accurate input VAT recovery and provision of VAT reports and analysis as required for VAT returns
- You will partner with the Financial Accountant and finance business partners to support cashflow management
- You will approve of all payment runs and ad hoc payments prior to group level approval being requested, ensuring all payments are properly authorised and queried items are not paid until resolved and that the correct payments are made to the correct creditors
- You will manage and development of the purchase ledger team, planning directing and reviewing their work and selecting and hiring employees when required. Foster and maintain a positive work environment by emphasising the importance of teamwork and by providing encouragement and regular positive feedback
- You will train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Create, implement, monitor and report on KPI's to accurately assess performance and use data to inform management decisions/areas of focus and make recommendations for personnel actions
- You will prepare and provide all management information and reporting for the accounts payable function including payment disclosure reporting for inclusion in the board packs
- You will undertake ad-hoc financial projects as the need arises
The successful candidate MUST be immediately available and can interview / start at short notice.
To be successful you will have:
- Technical proficiency and knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Extensive working knowledge and experience within an accounts payable department with three or more years of leadership experience included
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and in writing, for interacting and communicating with all stakeholders, having the ability to resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and be numerate
- Good planning and organisational skills to balance and prioritise work; be able to work under pressure and meet assigned deadlines
- A high level of integrity
- Initiative and be receptive to feedback and strive for professional continuous improvement
The successful candidate will be paid between £19-20 per hour depending on experience.