Linux DevOps Engineer
Job Role: Linux DevOps Engineer
Job Location: Birmingham (City Centre)
Contract length: 3 months
Pay rate: £500 – £600
- Responsible for all Linux environments.
- Provide third line support for issues and incidents reported to the service desk.
- Patch management of all Linux environments.
- Configuration and support of Kubernetes environments.
- Support of off-premise cloud environments.
- Supporting development teams during project deployments.
- Support of environment integrations with code repositories for continuous integration.
- Building DevOps environment into Linux
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in a Linux development environment.
- An exceptionally strong mastery of Kubernetes as a delivery platform both in Azure and on-premise.
- Strong support experience of varying flavours of Linux in development and production platforms.
- Excellent problem-solving skills in a technical department.
- Positive attitude and embraces a changing organisation culture to optimise team culture
- Ability to priorities on a hourly basis depending on business requirements.
- Analytical skills
- Work collaboratively
- Ubuntu 16.01 / 18.01 / Debian
- Kubternetes 2.6.1 / 2.8.1 on premise and in Azure