Senior Management Accountant
Heyland Recruitment have recently been engaged by our client, a large, successful and highly regarded employer in the local area as they enter an exciting and significant period of business change. We are looking for an experienced "all round" Accountant with the capabilities of implementing and improving existing processes within their department.
Reporting to the Commercial Financial Manager, the Management Accountant will be responsible for accurately reporting/supporting all financial information for a main division of this large, well established UK group.
Main responsibilities include;
* Produce monthly management accounts to established timetable, including P&L, balance sheet, key reconciliations and detailed business commentary.
* Produce monthly cost analysis for Business Unit with comparisons to budget and prior year, identifying trends and action plans.
* Monitor and manage the cash flow including approval of supplier BACS payments.
* Produce short term trading forecasts for the business on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
* Input and contribute to the Capital Expenditure analysis and reporting.
* Input and contribute to the annual budget for the business unit, working closely with operational and commercial colleagues.
* Provide support in preparing statutory accounts
* Offer systems support to the division and the wider Finance Department.
* Identify and develop improvements to existing business processes including those within finance.
* Management, supervision and development of a small team.
The ideal candidate will be an ACA, ACCA, CIMA Qualified Senior Management Accountant or equivalent who is looking to progress their career within a fast-paced business. You will have previous experience of managing a small team and be comfortable with dealing with the senior management.
This role would suit a commercially minded finance professional who brings a clear and analytical approach to the accounts function. You must demonstrate an aptitude for improving existing processes and possess the interpersonal skills to challenge senior management in a constructive/concise manner.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving business that invests in their employees and operates a promote from within culture.