Sales Ledger Assistant
I am currently recruiting an Sales Ledger Assistant on a temporary to permanent basis. This is working for a growing Business and Professional Services company based in East London close to Upminster Station.
Sector: Business and Professional Services
My client is a fast growing engineering company based in East London. They were established many years ago and since have grown consistently year on year. More recently they have made a number of acquisitions in London and now expect rapid growth in 2019.
Due to this expansion they are now looking to hire an Accounts Payable Manager on a temporary to permanent basis. This will be an initial temporary assignment for 6 months. The role will be based in their offices in London.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic working environment.
The Sales Ledger Assistant will be responsible for the effective capture and recording of all materials and sub-contractor costs on to the company billing systems, to enable maximisation of recovery of costs. They will provide analysis and reporting around cost recovery ratios for multiple clients. This is a pivotal role in our finance division where you will play a key part and in our ongoing growth and success.
What you'll be leading on
- Liaising with other internal functions and departments and external suppliers so as to ensure purchase invoices are received, captured and recorded on to the company billing systems in adequate time frame to ensure recovery of costs where relevant.
- Pro-actively pursuing sub contractors to ensure that required paperwork and accompanying invoices are submitted within required time scales.
- Accountable for the checking and approval of sub contractor invoices to ensure that they match the agreed terms, highlighting any variances and ensuring queries are fully resolved.
- Ensuring that all costs that fall outside of scope and which are fully chargeable are captured on Verisae in order to recover costs.
- Ensure equipment used from stock is recorded on to Verisae per the information provided by finance
- Feed into supplier reviews, making recommendations for improvements where needed
- Provide reporting to Commercial Analyst re rejected work orders so that these can be reviewed and escalated as needed
- Provide analysis and reporting on cost recovery ratios, highlighting areas where improvements needed, together with recommendations for implementing
- Raise invoices for capital work orders at earliest opportunity so as to maximise cash receipts
Assist credit controller with issuing of invoices for other areas as required so as to maximise cash receipts
The successful candidate MUST be immediately available and can interview / start at short notice.
To be successful you will have
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Attention to detail - high accuracy level
Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Team Player but capable of working on own initiative
Excellent organisation skills
The successful candidate will be paid between £11-13 per hour depending on experience.