The SWAN Project provides counselling and support to individuals for whom alcohol and other substance dependencies are having an adverse effect on their life. The SWAN project has a policy of never turning down a client whom it believes it can help. In addition, over time we have built a proportion of clients accessing the service who do not have addictions specifically, but who are desperate for support. Over the years, the SWAN Project has helped hundreds of clients with alcohol and other substance problems.
About the role
The overall role of the treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensuring its financial viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. The Treasurer may also take a greater role in the day-today finances of the organisation when appropriate.
By becoming Treasurer for The Swan Project you will being helping to ensure that the organisation continues to provide an invaluable service to the beneficiaries.
This presents an exciting opportunity to become part of a passionate and empathetic team who make a tangible contribution to the governance and work of this innovative and essential service.
- Financial qualifications and experience.
- Qualified accountant would be desirable.
- Experience of charity finance specifically would be desirable.
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board.
- A preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the board.
- A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquires on an ad hoc basis.
The board meets on a quarterly basis and ad hoc support as required.
How to apply
Applications must be made via TrusteeWorks in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.