40 hours per week – Monday to Friday
We are recruiting an experienced and exceptional SLD Teacher for St. John’s College in Brighton.
The role of the SLD Teacher is to undertake teaching commitments within a class of learners with sensory and communication need. St. John’s aims to work on a ‘team approach’ but there are specific roles and responsibilities attached to this post:
- To have detailed knowledge and understanding of learners’ National Curriculum; of the learner profile and support their needs and learning styles.
- To plan effectively to meet the needs of learners’ Special Educational Needs and make an appropriate contribution to the preparation, implementation, monitoring and review of Individual Education Plans.
- Ensure effective teaching and management of whole classes, groups and individuals so that teaching objectives are met, momentum and challenge are maintained, and best use is made of teaching time.
- Use a range of appropriate and effective assessment methods that provide accurate reflections of learners’ ability, accounting for specific learning difficulties and the impact of a range of diagnoses.
- Provide oral and written reports on learner progress and achievements against targets.
- Please email your expression of interest on why you wish to apply for the post and detail your relevant skills & experience, if you are interested in applying for this role.