Are you a skilled CNC Programmer looking to break into the Aerospace Sector? Want to work in a modern facility with state of the art equipment, plenty of overtime and an environment that encourages training and development? Then we want to hear from you!
The company are long established, part of a group of companies that specialise in the manufacture of precision components to the Aerospace, Oil & Gas and Defence industries. As part of their continuing expansion they have an opportunity to work within their prestigious engineering facility in Nottingham. Working alongside a team of highly skilled CNC machinists, you'll be given full autonomy over delivering finished articles from a customer drawing or specification. They've invested heavily in the last 12 months purchasing 4 brand new machines, refurbished the building and expanded the offices.
Benefits include Hourly rate of up to £14 - £15 p/h, plus shift allowance, attendance bonus, 33 days holiday, pension and plenty of overtime available. This role can offer a salary of over £42K per annum for the right person.
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for Running of HAAS 5 axis machining centres
- Online programming from CAD drawings using HAAS controls
- Setting up tooling, jigs, fixtures, machine speeds and feeds
- Manage the programming of updates and new components.
- First off part inspection using measuring equipment, before issuing to QC for final pass off
- Producing low to medium volume precision parts, including bespoke / prototype parts when required
- Apply a continuous improvement approach to programmes to reduce scrap, waste, cycle time and tool life
We would love to hear from you if you've had experience in the following -
- previously worked as a CNC Milling Programmer, CNC Machining Centre Programmer, or Milling machinist
- Be able to write using FANUC or HAAS controls
- Confident with high-frequency setups for 1 off component manufacture
- Understand and interpret 2D & 3D drawings
- Flexibility towards overtime when required
This is a genuine opportunity for a professional person who is highly motivated and can adopt a flexible approach to problem solving within a team environment. With an extremely low staff turnover, this business pride themselves on nurturing engineers from within, whilst building strong team work ethics so that each engineer supports the next one.
Working hours are 4PM - 4AM Monday to Thursday, with overtime available on Fridays and at Weekends
Machinists are paid for 39hrs at basic rate, then 9hrs at overtime to complete their 48hr working week.
Break times are paid for, and overtime is paid at Time & 1/2 on Friday for the first 5 hours, Double time thereafter
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.