We are now looking for a Design Engineer to join our team in Somerset.
- Accurate design and optimisation of mechanical components.
- Produce clear and defined drawings for component manufacture.
- Support projects and deliver on time and within budget
- Interface with outside suppliers to ensure best results and maintaining good commercial awareness.
- Develop and maintain appropriate in house product knowledge base.
- Presenting design plans and data for technical reviews
- Adopt Value Engineering principles, ensure products fit for purpose and improve the cost-effectiveness, quality and time required of manufacture.
- Support Sales by providing design concepts for bespoke machinery and estimates of time and costs for the design element of potential new projects in a timely manner.
- Maintain knowledge of current state-of-the-art and trends for the future in packaging machinery.
- Specialist technical knowledge – packaging machines, special-purpose machines, design (including calculations)
- Good team working skills
- Good working knowledge of Value Engineering and continuous improvement/Lean and estimating skills
- Good problem-solving skills and creative approach for new ideas
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- High competence in Inventor, with ability to learn similar 3D CAD packages
- Passion for results, tenacious and enthusiastic
- Structured and organised
- 25 days paid holiday
- 4½ day week
- Opportunity to work overtime
- Opportunity to work on new/novel/bespoke machinery and research and development projects,
- Beautiful, rural location
Established in 1983, CME Ltd has a proven track record in the design and delivery of high quality bespoke and generic packaging equipment and spare parts that ensure operational reliability and efficiency for our worldwide customer base.
We have worked closely with some of the world’s largest FMCG producers for over three decades, solving technical and operational problems cost-effectively, providing a range of machines and upgrade packages to produce niche or novel pack formats. We apply this expertise to a number of industries, most recently for beverage and pharmaceutical customers.
A job from TalentPool, powered by Cilla - the talent matching engine